- High-performance Stereo Amplifier/DAC
- Bang & Olufsen ICEpower® amplifier module (ICEpower50ASX2-SE)
- USB Audio Class2 High-speed Input from PC/Mac (Tenor 8802)
- 32bit/192kHz D/A Converter (BurrBrown PCM5102)
- Supports Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- Motorized Volume Control
- Detachable AC Socket
- Aluminium Front Panel
- Matching Design with DS-H01
- Remote Control (also controls DS-H01) RC-1268
- Output Power: 60W x 2 (4 ohms, 1kHz, less than 1% THD), 30W x 2 (8 ohms, 1kHz, less than 1% THD)
- USB Input: 1 (USB 2.0)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 (Coaxial, Opticlal)
- Analogue Audio Inputs: 2 (RCA)
- Subwoofer Preout: 1 (RCA)
- Headphone Out: 1 (6.3mm)
- Speaker Terminals: 1 pair (Binding Post)
- Input Signal Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
- Operation: 230V, 50Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 215 x 61 x 258 mm
Compact High-Performance/High-Output Amplifier
The amplifier circuitry uses the 50ASX2 by Bang & Olufsen ICEpower of Denmark. High efficiency conversion allows compact dimensions despite high-output (60W + 60W) – power comparable to full-size amplifiers. Energy efficient design minimizes power consumption (34W) compared to the approximately 85W consumed by conventional products (45W + 45W).
Expandability and Input/Output Connector Options Belying it's Compact Dimensions
Despite its compact dimensions, the A-H01 offers the full range of connection outputs a listener would except of an amplifier designed for use in PC-based audio setups, including two digital inputs (one coaxial and one optical) and two analog inputs, in addition to a USB port (for connecting to a PC). The speaker connections are large binding post accommodating cables up to AWG8. The speaker connectors also support BANANA plugs and a subwoofer pre-out terminal.
A headphone jack lets users enjoy audio late at night, in spaces with neighbors close by or other situations where speaker playback might disturb others.
Built-in Burr-Brown PCM5102 DAC for a High Performance and a Broad Range of Digital Audio Sources
The A-H01 uses a Burr-Brown PCM5102 DAC. After installing the appropriate driver, listeners simply connect a Windows or Mac computer via a USB cable to ensure a digital signal path all the way to the DAC, transforming the iTunes or other media players into high quality audio devices. The A-H01's specifications will satisfy even the most fastidious of audiophiles, including support for audio sources of up to 24bit/192kHz and asynchronous USB.
High-Performance Components that Measure up to Full-Size Amplifiers
A-H01 incorporates a motor-driven volume knob and an aluminum front panel. Other components, including the large binding post speaker terminals and 3-pin power socket, are the same size as those found on full-size amplifiers. These design decisions ensure ease of use and secure connections, they also suggest the no-compromise approach taken in designing this compact audio unit.
Fan-Less Design for Refined Quietness
Efforts to eliminate signal noise for high-quality audio playback mean nothing with a noisy amplifier fan. To achieve the dual goals of high performance and compact dimensions – two parameters that conflict with efficient heat dissipation – circuit design and chassis design emphasized the selection and effective placement of potential heat-generating components to allow this high-performance compact amplifier to operate without cooling fans.