List of functions
- Recording from CDs, cassette tapes, mic input and external input devices to USB flash drives (as MP3 files) possible
- Recording from CDs, USB flash drives, mic input and external input devices to cassette tapes is supported
- Built-in mic input jack
- Mic input can be mixed with CD, USB flash drive, cassette or external input
- Audio with the mic signal mixed in can be recorded to cassette or USB flash drive
- (The mic sound cannot be recorded when recording from a CD to a USB flash drive.)
- Echo effect for mic input
- MP3 file playback (USB flash drives and CD-R/RW discs)
- MP3 file ID3 tags and file names can be shown (USB flash drives and CD-R/RW discs)
- Timer playback function (CDs, tapes and USB flash drives)
- Timer recording function (tapes only)
- Recording level can be adjusted when dubbing (not possible from CD to USB flash drive)
- Various playback modes include continuous, shuffle and program (CDs and USB flash drives)
- Elapsed time and remaining time of playing track as well as total elapsed time and remaining time of disc shown (CDs)
- Cassette tape counter function
- Cassette tape pitch control (±10%) function (playback only)
- Peak level meters function during recording and playback
- Dedicated remote control
- Compliant with RoHS
USB flash drive recording and playback supported
In addition to recording from CDs, cassette tapes and external input devices to USB flash drives (as MP3 files), CDs, MP3 files on USB flash drives and external input devices can also be recorded to cassette tapes. Recorded files will be saved to automatically generated folders according to the source (CD, LINE or TAPE) on USB flash drives, enabling easy digital to analog conversion without a computer.
Microphone input built in
A mic input jack is built into the front of the unit. You can record a mic connected to this unit by itself, of course. You can also mix in the mic signal when playing back and recording CDs, cassettes and USB flash drives.
*The mic sound cannot be recorded when recording from a CD to a USB flash drive.
Echo can be added to the sound from the mic connected to this unit. The front panel switch can be used to set the effect to two levels or turn it off. With the AD-850 and a mic, you can easily enjoy karaoke. (You will also need a separate amplifier and speakers for karaoke.)
This adds reverberations to the original sound. The original sound is repeated with various amounts of delay and damping over time to produce an almost natural reverberation sound, similar to that heard in a hall or studio.
Cassette deck has all the key functionality
The cassette deck uses a two-head one-way design for recording and playback. It supports cassette tape that use normal, chrome and metal (playback only) formulations/positions. This model provides all key functionality, including pitch control with a ±10% adjustment range and timer recording and playback.
CD player supports CD-R/RW discs and MP3 file playback
In addition to audio CDs, the CD player can play CD-R/RW discs containing MP3 files. During MP3 playback, information including ID3 tags and file names* is shown. Various playback modes include program, shuffle and repeat (one track, all tracks or program).
*File name display supports half-width English letters and numbers (single-byte characters). Names that use full-width characters (double-byte characters), including Japanese, cannot be shown correctly.
Extensive USB flash drive recording and playback functions
The repeat playback function can be used together with various other playback modes, including continuous, shuffle and program. The synchronised start function, which automatically starts playback of the sound source (CD or TAPE), makes recording to USB flash drives much more straightforward.
Convenient timer function
A timer* can be used to start cassette recording and playback as well as CD and USB flash drive playback.
*A commercially-available timer must be purchased separately.