- Robust high-density MDF plinth provides both vibration isolation and elegance
- Available in a selection of contemporary matt finishes, or a natural walnut veneer
- 3-speed belt-drive mechanism with aluminum die-cast platter (33-1/3, 45, 78 rpm)
- Newly-developed low-resistance spindle for stable rotational speed
- Static-balanced S-shaped tone-arm with universal-type headshell
- Pre-installed MM-type AT95E cartridge from audio-technica
- Built-in Phono EQ Amplifier with subsonic filter (off when THRU)
- Built-in TI A/D Converter allows 16-bit/48kHz USB digital output for PC recording
- High-quality Bluetooth® aptX® wireless audio transmission
- Floating-construction using decoupled feet provides high feedback resistance
- Machined aluminium operation knobs and feet
- Gold-plated RCA jacks (for LINE/PHONO output) and tone-arm contacts
- GND terminal on rear panel
- RCA audio cable with GND wiring included
Aluminum die-cast platter with 3-speed belt-drive
A die-cast, high-inertia aluminum platter is driven by a high-torque DC motor via a durable rubber flat-belt, giving immensely stable playback at 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm speeds.
New low-resistance spindle
A precisely-machined stainless steel spindle and durable brass bearing maintain accurate rotational speed, thanks to reduced friction.
New matt and natural walnut veneer finishes
The TN-400BT is available in four matt finishes, as well as a natural walnut veneer finish.
Built-in Phono EQ amplifier
The TN-400BT has an onboard Phono EQ amplifier that supports MM-type cartridges, allowing the deck to be connected to conventional amplifiers/micro systems that lack a dedicated turntable input. The Phono EQ amplifier employs a hi-fi quality NJM8080 op-amp chip (designed by JRC) which amplifies the tiny audio signal from the stylus with the minimum of distortion.
New subsonic filter for improved sound
By filtering out the frequencies below 18Hz the TN-400BT prevents excess LF signal levels being sent to amplifiers, presenting an easier electrical load to any connected speakers. This filter is particularly effective when playing back warped vinyl records which would otherwise induce undesirable woofer movement (The subsonic filter is off when Phono EQ is THRU).
USB digital audio output
The TN-400BT also incorporates an A/D Converter that delivers a 16-bit/48kHz resolution digital audio signal via a rear-mounted USB port. This allows records to be digital archived on a PC. Once converted, users can then easily transfer the recordings onto devices such as smartphones and car CD players
S-shaped static-balanced tone-arm
The S-shaped, static-balanced aluminum tone-arm is equipped with a counterweight and anti-skating mechanism that allow an exact setting of balance as well as tracking pressure, ensuring accurate tracking during playback. A tone-arm lifter is also fitted for smooth lowering of the tone-arm onto records.
The tone-arm takes universal-type headshells so users can change cartridges with relative ease. In order to reduce signal losses between the tone-arm and the headshell, gold-plated contact points are employed, to help deliver an uncorrupted audio signal.
Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming with aptX® codec
The TN-400BT’s Bluetooth® wireless transmission system supports the higher quality aptX® and AAC codecs, as well as the conventional SBC codec. This means that even if users don't have a hi-fi system, then can still enjoy truly high-quality vinyl replay via Bluetooth®-equipped headphones or speakers.
Connecting the TN-400BT to Bluetooth® headphones or speakers is achieved very simply, at the touch of a button. A single-function pairing key and an associated LED indicator provide simple and clear confirmation of the connection status.
The TN-400BT brings elegance to the process of playing a record. The machined aluminum operation knobs ooze quality while the aluminum feet, attached to high-density MDF chassis via shock-absorbing rubber, provide a high resistance to feedback.
MM-type Cartridge from audio-technica
The deck comes with an excellent, all-purpose MM cartridge, employing a lightweight aluminum cantilever, that helps deliver an accurate, highly musical standard of playback.