- Supports DSD 2.8/5.6MHz playback (via USB)
- Supports PCM 32bit/384kHz playback (via USB)
- Supports PCM 24bit/192kHz playback (Coaxial)
- Supports up to 24bit/96kHz playback (Optical)
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
- Exclusive driver software for Windows
- Standard driver software for Mac
- Asynchronous transfer mode
- 4 analog filters (playback USB, DSD)
- 3 digital filters (playback USB, PCM)
- Non-integral up-conversion to 192kHz, when input signal is less than 192kHz (On/Off selectable)
- Throughout dual monaural design from power transformer to output section
- Two toroidal-core power transformers
- Two BurrBrown PCM1795
- Four MUSES8920 operational amplifier
- Parallel buffer for RCA output
- Power supply to USB circuit is switchable
- Lineout circuit can be disabled when headphone is used.
- Low power consumption (MAX 13W)
- Auto power saving mode (On/Off switchable)
- Display mode switchable (Show Up-conversion mode and selected filter)
- Line out switchable (XLR or RCA)
- Polarity change on XLR (2=HOT or 3=Hot)
- Full metal body
- Organic EL Display with Dimmer
- 1 USB audio input
- 2 Optical Inputs
- 2 Coaxial Inputs
- 1 Stereo RCA/XLR
- 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable
DSD 2.8/5.6MHz Native File Playback by ASIO 2.1 or DoP
Both 2.8/5.6MHz DSD files are processed in native mode to properly convert DSD into an analog signal, and skipping PCM conversion in between. ASIO2.1 and DoP (DSD over PCM) playback are also supported. (Mac supports DoP only, with standard driver)
Up to 32bit/384kHz PCM File Playback
With PCM file format, up to 32bit/384kHz is supported.
Asynchronous Transfer Mode
By ignoring clock signal from a PC, transfer timing is controlled by more accurately, nearly eliminating clock-noise and allowing digital data to travel un-affected.
Variety of Settings to Match Your Preference
Three types of digital filters are provided for PCM playback, while 4 types of cut-off filters are provided for DSD playback. Also, shutting down unnecessary circuits – USB circuit when S/PDIF inout is selected, or Line Out circuit when Headphone is connected – for purer audio processing.
Reducing Jitter Noise by 192kHz Up-Converting
With a PCM file sampling at a frequency less than 192kHz, users are able to convert up to 192kHz in order to reduce jitter noise, or keep the original sampling rate to enjoy the original sound.
Dual Monaural Circuits to Eliminate Signal Interference and Maximize Performance
Every single part, the digital, analog sections, the DAC and the operational amplifiers are designed in dual monaural design to eliminate interfering noise to other channels. This maximizes their potential, and achieves a purer audio processing signal.
32bit Compatible BurrBrown PCM1795 on Each Channel
Celebrated BurrBrown PCM1795 is employed on each channel. With the PCM1795 alone, it supports 32bit processing is supported with 123dB S/N Ratio.
Dual MUSES8920 Operational Amplifier on Each Channel
Two MUSES8920 operational amplifiers are employed on each channel. The MUSES8920 was developed for hi-fi components to delivers clear 3-dimensional sound.
Individual Toroidal-core Power Transformer on Each Channel – Maintaining Total Dual Monaural Design
The two toroidal-core power transformers are highly energy efficient and offer a stable current supply. Employing them on both the left and right channel ensures that current is delivered to each channel, exclusively.
RCA Output with Parallel Buffer for Better Drivability
Two operational amplifiers are connected parallel with the lineout circuit section to improve drivability of lineout signal. This helps achieve more of a linear analog output signal, than any other known method.
A full-metal body, small footprint that can be placed on a desktop
Not only the front panel, but both the side and top panels are constructed of aluminum and attached to a robust steel chassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations, and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-size body allows the UD-501 to fit any small space. The Reference 501 series defines a new standard to fit all modern interior, with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
Large Number of Inputs/Outputs for Full-Scale Hi-Fi System Integration
The UD-501 provides two optical and coaxial digital inputs, one pair of XLR and one pair of RCA analog audio outputs. The RCA lineout jacks have an exclusive clearance zone, so a high grade pin cable with a large shell is able to be connected.
The output terminal is selectable: -RCA or XLR; the XLR connectors have switchable polarity, 2=HOT or 3=HOT. A detachable AC cable with 3-polar socket also allows user to upgrade to a high-grade AC cables.