USB DAC/Headphone Amplifier
Dual monaural USB DAC/headphone amplifier supporting DSD512 and PCM32/768
The UD-505 is a flagship dual monaural USB DAC with an integrated fully-balanced headphone amplifier, that fuses high-end audio design concepts and TEAC’s decades of audio design experience, in an A4-sized footprint.
Like its predecessor models, the UD-501 and UD-503, it employs a dual monaural circuit design to process audio signals with even greater purity, with the latest VERITA AK4497 DAC chip used on each of the two channels. This improves the S/N (signal to noise) ratio by processing each channel individually in monaural mode, as well as delivering DSD512 (22.5MHz) native and 768kHz/32-bit PCM playback capabilities.
The analogue section, which is one of the keys to sound quality, includes four TEAC-HCLD buffer amp circuits process different drive modes, – fully-balanced drive for balanced output, and parallel drive mode for unbalance output, – to achieve enhanced acoustic expressive.
The headphone section is remarkable. A totally new 4.4mm headphone jack, called Pentaconn, is employed, allowing balanced and active ground connections within a single jack, while conventional 1/4” phone jacks are also provided. In addition to a wide range of digital and analogue inputs, a Bluetooth® receiver supporting LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX HD™ allows you to enjoy high-quality wireless audio streaming from your smartphone on this flagship USB DAC.
The UD-505 is a compact and high-spec USB DAC and headphone amplifier that supports today’s high sampling rate Hi-Res formats.
- Hi-Res audio playback supporting DSD512 (22.6MHz) and PCM 768kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual monaural circuit design with a high-end AKM VERITA AK4497 DAC on each channel
- 5 types of PCM digital filters and 2 types of DSD digital filters
- Up-conversion up to 24.5MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual on-board clocks for 44.1kHz and 48kHz frequencies, and 10MHz external clock input
- Bluetooth? receiver supporting LDAC? and Qualcomm? aptX? HD
- TEAC-HCLD output buffer circuit and TEAC-QVCS volume control for high quality sound
- 4.4mm 5-polar Pentaconn jack and dual 1/4" TRS jacks for balanced and active-ground drives *1
- TEAC's patent registered pin-point feet in three positions for the perfect installation *2
- "Bulk Pet" USB transfer technology, with four transfer modes to vary sound character *3
- Free TEAC HR Audio Player for DSD512 and PCM32/768 playback
*1 "Pentaconn" is a registered trademark of NIPPON DICS Co., Ltd., conforms to the RC-8141C JEITA standard
*2 Japan patent No. 4075477 and No. 3778108
*3 "Bulk Pet" is a registered trademark of Interface Corporation.
TEAC, one of the world’s best-known hi-fi brands, has added three, exciting new Hi-Res Audio-focussed components to its… morePress Release dated: 23 Feb 2018
TEAC has added an exciting new model to its range of analogue turntables with the launch of the TN-400BT, the first… morePress Release dated: 18 Oct 2016
TEAC is pleased to announce the HA-P5, its latest Portable Headphone Amplifier, featuring an all-new physical design and… morePress Release dated: 20 Jun 2016
TEAC’s best-selling range of analogue turntables has now been joined by the TN-570, a new flagship model that aims to… morePress Release dated: 2 Jun 2016
Displaying the innovative thinking that has helped it become one of the world’s leading hi-fi manufacturers, TEAC has… morePress Release dated: 2 Jun 2016