TEAC announces new flagship belt-drive turntable "TN-5BB" with XLR balanced phono outputsPress Release dated: 19 Aug 2020
TEAC Corporation will release a flagship new belt-drive analog turntable TN-5BB.
The TN-5BB is a new flagship analog turntable that supports MC Balanced outputs accommodated in a hybrid chassis that combines synthetic marble, Washi paper (Japanese traditional paper) and MDF materials along with a 9-inch S-shaped universal arm that utilizes a knife-edge bearing.
Turntables are the stages for drawing out the passion of the artists and the magic of their engineers that have been infused into records. With jet black synthetic marble and MDF finished in piano black, the TN-5BB is a truly worthy stage that achieves both functional suppression of unwanted vibrations as well a stately and modern design. Using the built-in XLR jacks to team up with a phono amplifier such as the TEAC PE-505 that supports balanced connection, the slightest signals transmitted by the cartridge can be re-created with even greater intensity. The knife-edge tone arm, which is an SAEC × TEAC collaboration, is another component that further enhances this musical stage, while the 20mm-thick acrylic platter is driven by our original Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System (PRS3).
- Rotation speeds of 33-⅓, 45 and 78 rpm supported
- Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System (PRS3)
- Static-balanced knife-edge-bearing tonearm with anti-skating mechanism
- VTA adjustment (tone arm height adjustment) function (+6 mm)
- 20mm-thick Acrylic Platter
- Powered arm lifter
- Non-contact detection automatic arm lift function (can be turned on/off)
- XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced phono outputs
- GND terminal
- Height-adjustable machined aluminum feet at four points
- Cast aluminum head shell (lead wire) included
- Ortofon 2M RED, an MM type cartridge (factory installed)
- Cartridge alignment gauge included
- RoHS compliant
For more information:
We are pleased to announce that the PE-505 Ver1.04 firmware update is now available.UpdatesImproved a… morePress Release dated: 17 Nov 2020
TEAC Corporation will release a flagship new belt-drive analog turntable TN-5BB. The TN-5BB is a new flagship analog… morePress Release dated: 19 Aug 2020
TEAC Corporation will release a new phono equalizing amplifier with dual monaural and fully-balanced input/output circuit… morePress Release dated: 19 Aug 2020
We are pleased to announce that the AD-850 Ver1.12 firmware update is now available. Updates CD drive tray operation… morePress Release dated: 17 Jul 2020
August 20, 2019: With vinyl sales at their highest for quarter of a century, it’s an auspicious time for the introduction… morePress Release dated: 20 Aug 2019