- HDMI® Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for Expanded Surround Channels
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Audyssey 2EQ® for Room Acoustic Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ® for Loudness Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume® to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- 120 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC for All Channels
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Direct Mode
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
- 5 Composite Video Inputs (1 Front/4 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- 4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front/5 Rear) and 1 Output
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 400 ms at 48 kHz)
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
Audio Return Channel and 3D Video via HDMI®
The four HDMI inputs on this receiver allow seamless integration of high-definition devices such as Blu-ray players, cable/satellite tuners, and gaming consoles. HDMI implementation also supports an Audio Return Channel, allowing TV audio to be sent upstream to the A/V receiver. This means you can enjoy television programs with surround sound, where available. HDMI also enables 3D video and other popular high-resolution video formats.
Enjoy Lossless High-Definition Movie Soundtracks
The AG-D200 can decode Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™—two “lossless” Blu-ray formats that deliver a soundtrack identical to the studio master. The receiver also handles Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™. Dolby Digital Plus is designed to accompany HD video delivered via disc media, television broadcasts, and online content. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, meanwhile, offers higher bit and sampling rates.
Direct Digital iPod/iPhone Connection for Cleaner Sound
The receiver’s front-panel USB port lets you play MP3 and AAC stored on an iPod/iPhone, and MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC audio files stored on a flash-memory device using the system’s own remote for track selection and playback. Your music will also sound much cleaner and clearer, as the audio signal is transported in digital form (rather than analog) via the direct digital connection.
Discrete Amplifiers For High Fidelity Audio Performance
The AG-D200’s discrete amplifying circuits on each channel work to maximize the frequency range of your audio content for exceptionally natural and realistic performance. Designed to handle high current, the circuits respond instantly and effortlessly to the rapid dynamic changes common to movie soundtracks. Each circuit features a separate link to the power supply in a closed-loop design, which effectively reduces interference, while discrete transistors at the output stage run cool and cut distortion for deep, pure sound at any volume.
Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for a More Enveloping Sound Field
Dolby Pro Logic IIz creates a surround-sound experience from any movie or music source—even a stereo one. Dolby Pro Logic IIz also allows you to incorporate two Front Height speakers that carry ambient audio effects for games and movies.
Convenient Overlaid On-Screen Display via HDMI
The receiver’s overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) feature makes changing the settings on your A/V receiver quick and easy. On-screen set-up menus appear overlaid on the video image you’re watching. This means you can adjust the settings immediately, without having to stop the program and switch to a different screen to access menus.
Audyssey Technologies Optimize Home Cinema Performance
The AG-D200 comes equipped with three sound-enhancing Audyssey technologies.
(1) Audyssey 2EQ® tailors multi-channel audio for your home cinema speaker set-up by measuring three room positions and applying a resolution filter to the satellite speakers to correct for room acoustics.
(2) Audyssey Dynamic EQ® maintains a consistent bass response, tonal balance, and surround-sound effect at different volume levels, so you can enjoy the natural dynamics of your content regardless of the volume.
(3) Audyssey Dynamic Volume® automatically compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content—for example, during commercial breaks—while optimizing the dynamic range.
More Realistic Action with Four Different Gaming Modes
Select from four different optimized audio modes to match your gaming content for a highly realistic surround sound experience. Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG game modes will help to bring out the best in any soundtrack, from subtle ambient effects to thundering explosions.
Top-Quality DAC Satisfies Your Inner Audiophile
Digital-to-Analog converters are of particular importance to audio fans seeking excellent sound reproduction, and the AG-D200 does not disappoint with a high-performance multi-channel 192 kHz/24-bit processor from TI Burr-Brown. As well as optimizing analog performance, this DAC is highly resistant to “clock jitter”, a subtle form of digital distortion.