- HDMI® Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- HDMI Video Upscaling to 4K with Qdeo™ Technology by Marvell
- MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) for Smart Phone Content on HDTV
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Picture-in-Picture Input Source Preview with InstaPrevue™ Technology
- Playback of Audio Files Through Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, LPCM, Dolby TrueHD, DSD)
- Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for Expanded Surround Channels
- Audyssey 2EQ® for Room Acoustic Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ® for Loudness Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume® to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) with Quick Set-Up and Home Menu
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback in Another Room
- Hybrid Standby Function to Reduce Power Consumption
- 125 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- 2 USB Ports (1 Front/1 Rear)
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (1 Input and 1 Output)
- 5 Composite Video Inputs (1 Front/4 Rear) and 1 Output
- 4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts (Except Zone 2)
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 800 ms at 48 kHz)
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Certified with DLNA Version 1.5
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
Audio Streaming and Internet Radio Over the Home Network
Connecting to the internet and DLNA-certified devices via your local network, the AG-D500 makes streaming audio and internet radio easy. You can play MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, and LPCM audio files stored on your PC through your home cinema with stunning power and fidelity.
*Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of printing, but may be subject to change without notice.
Mobile High-Definition Link for Smart Phone Movies and Photos on HDTV
The AG-D500’s front-panel HDMI® port is designed for the connection of compatible mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL™ standard. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on your HDTV with up to 7.1 channels of surround sound. Use the receiver’s remote to control playback from your phone as it receives a handy recharge.
InstaPrevue™ Technology Makes Switching Sources Easy
The AG-D500 incorporates InstaPrevue visual port management technology, making input source selection much easier. InstaPrevue technology provides a live video thumbnail of the available content on your devices connected via HDMI. You no longer have to remember that your gaming console is connected to Port 3, or your Blu-ray player to Port 1, for example—you can see what’s playing and choose accordingly.
Save Power with Hybrid Standby
Hybrid Standby provides ‘HDMI through’ functionality while the receiver sleeps, so you don’t have to fully power up to watch a Blu-ray or play a game using only your TV’s sound. The receiver also maintains a local network connection when on Hybrid Standby mode.
4K Video Upscaling and Processing via Qdeo™ Technology
The AG-D500 offers full 4K (4096 x 2160) upscaling of standard video sources such as 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i/p. Interlaced-to-progressive conversion and scaling are performed by high-quality Qdeo technology from Marvell. Qdeo is a versatile video processor that uses algorithms designed to erase video noise and artifacts such as jaggies and feathering. Played back on a compatible wide-screen display, your Blu-ray Discs and DVDs will look more detailed and cinematic than ever.
Note: 4K video playback requires a 4K-compatible TV. HDMI pass-through of 4K content from source devices is not supported. 4K upscaling of analog video is only available at 480i.
Discrete Amplifiers For High Fidelity Audio Performance
The AG-D500’s discrete amplifying circuits on each channel work to maximize the frequency range of your audio content for exceptionally natural and realistic performance. Designed to handle high current, the circuits respond instantly and effortlessly to the rapid dynamic changes common to movie soundtracks. Each circuit features a separate link to the power supply in a closed-loop design, which effectively reduces interference, while discrete transistors at the output stage run cool and cut distortion for deep, pure sound at any volume.
Overlaid On-Screen Display with Quick Set-Up Menu
The receiver’s HDMI-linked On-Screen Display (OSD) makes initial set-up and in-program calibration very easy. The ‘Q’ button on your remote overlays a ‘Quick Setup’ menu on the program you’re watching. This handy shortcut includes the most frequently used settings, and helps you optimize your home cinema’s performance with the minimum of disruption. More detailed menus, as well as input selection, can be accessed anytime by pushing the Home Menu button.
Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for a More Enveloping Sound Field
Dolby Pro Logic IIz creates a surround-sound experience from any movie or music source—even a stereo one. Dolby Pro Logic IIz also enables you to incorporate two Front Height speakers that carry ambient audio effects for games and movies.
Audyssey Technologies Optimize Home Cinema Performance
The AG-D500 comes equipped with three sound-enhancing Audyssey technologies.
(1) Audyssey 2EQ® tailors multi-channel audio for your home cinema speaker set-up by measuring three room positions and applying a resolution filter to the satellite speakers to correct for room acoustics.
(2) Audyssey Dynamic EQ® maintains a consistent bass response, tonal balance, and surround-sound effect at different volume levels, so you can enjoy the natural dynamics of your content regardless of the volume.
(3) Audyssey Dynamic Volume® automatically compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content—for example, during commercial breaks—while optimizing the dynamic range.
Direct Digital iPod/iPhone Connection for Cleaner Sound
The USB ports on this receiver let you play MP3, WMA, AAC, Apple Lossless, and FLAC audio files stored on a flash-memory device, or MP3, AAC, and Apple Lossless stored in an iPod/iPhone, using the system’s own remote for track selection and playback. Your music will also sound much cleaner and clearer, as the audio signal is transported in digital rather than analog form through the direct digital connection.