TEAC HR Audio Player for Android
High-resolution Audio Streaming App
TEAC HR Audio Player is a high-quality music playback app that meets the requirements of music fans who want to enjoy music with high-quality audio even when using their smartphones by supporting playback of high-resolution formats.(†1) The function limitations of the app are unlocked by connecting a compatible TEAC USB-DAC(†2). This enables native playback3 of FLAC, DSD and other high-resolution formats. Using the high-precision equalizer, you can also play MP3, AAC and other standard formats with the audio characteristics you like.
The TEAC HR Audio Player Unlocker (paid app) is available to unlock the function limitations and enable native playback(†3) of FLAC, DSD and other high-resolution formats when using USB-DAC devices not made by TEAC.
†1 When using the headphone jack of an Android device to output playback, files with resolutions of PCM 88.2kHz and higher will be downsampled to 44.1kHz. †2 The supported TEAC models are HA-P50, HA-P50SE, HA-P90SD and HA-P5 (as of July 2016). †3 If the USB-DAC does not support the sampling rate of the playback file, it will be downconverted when being played.
The graphic equalizer allows up to 16,384 bands to be adjusted and up to 1000 equalizer curves to be saved and loaded. In addition, the linear-phase FIR filter prevents phase distortion and other audio quality degradation, allowing you to adjust the sound as you like without reducing the quality of the audio. By pinching to zoom the display, you can smoothly make precise equalization adjustments.
By using an OTG (On The Go) cable to digitally connect a portable amplifier or other device made by TEAC, high-resolution playback and other functions will be unlocked, enabling playback of PCM 192kHz/24-bit and DSD 5.6MHz high-density, high-resolution files.
- HA-P50, HA-P50SE: Support playback of PCM files with resolutions up to 96kHz/24-bit (When connected using AOA (Android Open Accessory) 2.0, playback of PCM files is limited to resolutions up to 48kHz/16-bit.)
- HA-P90SD, HA-P5: Support playback of PCM files with resolutions up to 192kHz/24-bit and DSD files up to 5.6MHz.
TEAC HR Audio Player for Android is available at Google Play Store free of charge.
- High-precision graphic equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
- Automatic upsampling
- Crossfade playback option
- Album artwork and lyrics display
- Repeat playback (one track or all tracks in same list)
- Resume playback
- Shuffle playback (tracks in same list)
- “Playlist” and "playback queue list" that can be created easily by adding tracks (playlists that mix High-resolution audio sources and other audio sources can be created)
- Real-time DSD conversion (supported on paid version or unlocked by HA-P5, HA-P50/SE, HA-P90SD)
- Android device volume keys can adjust the USB audio device volume (not supported with HA-P50, HA-P50SE, HA-P90SD, HA-P5)
- Download contents purchased with e-onkyo
- MP3/AAC (up to 48kHz)
- DSF/DSDIFF (2.8/3/5.6/6/11.2MHz, PCM conversion/DoP output)
- FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 384kHz), Ogg Vorbis (up to 192kHz)
3. Other restrictions
When outputting DSF, DSDIFF and other DSD formats using DoP, the equalizer and crossfade functions will be disabled. In addition, the frequency response will not be shown.
Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese (simplified/traditional)
Requirements: Android 4.1 ~ Android 7.0
NOTE: Operation is not guaranteed with all devices.
TEAC is proud to announce the launch of the HR Streamer App, an easy to use network control app for Android… morePress Release dated: 14 Aug 2018
TEAC, one of the world’s best-known hi-fi brands, has added three, exciting new Hi-Res Audio-focussed components to its… morePress Release dated: 23 Feb 2018
TEAC has added an exciting new model to its range of analogue turntables with the launch of the TN-400BT, the first… morePress Release dated: 18 Oct 2016
TEAC is pleased to announce the HA-P5, its latest Portable Headphone Amplifier, featuring an all-new physical design and… morePress Release dated: 20 Jun 2016