USB DAC/Network Player
Dual monaural USB DAC/Network Player supporting DSD512 and PCM32/768
The NT-505 is a flagship dual monaural USB DAC with versatile network playback capabilities. It successfully incorporates the latest network technologies, along with TEAC’s decades of accumulated audio design experience, in an attractive package with an A4-sized footprint.
Like its predecessor (the NT-503) it employs a dual monaural circuit design to process audio signals with even greater purity, with the latest VERITA AK4497 DAC chip used on each of the two channels. This improves the S/N (signal to noise) ratio by processing each channel individually in monaural mode, as well as delivering DSD512 (22.5MHz) native and 768kHz/32-bit PCM playback capabilities.
The analogue section, which is one of the keys to sound quality, includes four TEAC-HCLD buffer amp circuits that allow different drive modes, – fully-balanced drive for balanced output, and parallel drive mode for unbalanced output – to achieve enhanced acoustic expression.
On the network audio side, the NT-505 supports high-quality music subscription services, namely TIDAL and Qobuz, and is Roon Ready. There’s also a built-in MQA decoder, and you will enjoy unlimited music content on the Internet thanks to its high-quality digital and analogue processing technologies.
In addition to a wide range of digital and analogue inputs, a Bluetooth® receiver supporting LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX HD™ allows you to stream high-quality audio wirelessly from your smartphone to this flagship USB DAC.
The NT-505 is a compact and high-spec USB DAC and network player that supports the latest Hi-Res formats and online music subscription services.
- Hi-Res audio playback supporting DSD512 (22.6MHz) and PCM 768kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual monaural circuit design with a high-end AKM VERITA AK4497 DAC on each channel
- Supports MQA decoder and music subscription services (TIDAL and Qobuz) and is Roon-ready
- DSD128 (5.6MHz) and PCM 192kHz/24-bit Network streaming from NAS/PC
- 5 types of PCM digital filters and 2 types of DSD digital filters
- Up-conversion up to 24.5MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual on-board clocks for 44.1kHz and 48kHz frequencies, and 10MHz external clock input
- Bluetooth® receiver supporting LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX™ HD
- TEAC-HCLD output buffer circuit and TEAC-QVCS volume control for high quality sound
- “Bulk Pet” USB transfer technology, with four transfer modes to vary sound character *
- Free TEAC HR Audio Player and TEAC HR Streamer app
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download.
Visit mqa.co.uk for more information
The MQA logo is a trade mark of MQA Limited. © MQA Limited 2018
*1 "Bulk Pet" is a registered trademark of Interface Corporation.
TEAC, one of the world’s best-known hi-fi brands, has added three, exciting new Hi-Res Audio-focussed components to its… morePress Release dated: 23 Feb 2018
TEAC has added an exciting new model to its range of analogue turntables with the launch of the TN-400BT, the first… morePress Release dated: 18 Oct 2016
TEAC is pleased to announce the HA-P5, its latest Portable Headphone Amplifier, featuring an all-new physical design and… morePress Release dated: 20 Jun 2016
TEAC’s best-selling range of analogue turntables has now been joined by the TN-570, a new flagship model that aims to… morePress Release dated: 2 Jun 2016